We are pleased to announce the placement of Sean Prosser with Mintz in San Diego. Mr. Prosser was a partner at Perkins Coie in San Diego.
Mr. Prosser defends clients facing SEC investigations, DOJ investigations and grand jury proceedings, and other civil and criminal government and regulator investigations and enforcement proceedings. Mr. Prosser’s clients include public and private companies, officers and directors, board committees, broker dealers, banks, investment advisors, hedge funds, certified public accountants, individual stock traders and public officials.
With a particular practice depth defending clients in securities investigations and white collar actions initiated by regulatory authorities in Los Angeles, San Diego and throughout California, Mr. Prosser regularly represents clients before the following agencies:
– U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
– U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)
– Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
– NYSE, NASDAQ and other stock exchanges
– California Department of Corporations
– U.S. Department of the Treasury, including Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) and Office of Foreign Assets
– Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB)
– Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
Mr. Prosser also has a significant securities litigation practice. Mr. Prosser defends public companies and their executives facing shareholder lawsuits in state and federal courts across the country, including the Delaware Court of Chancery. Mr. Prosser is recognized by Best Lawyers in America, Super Lawyers and The Legal 500 . He also sits on the Board of Editors of The Corporate Counselor. Mr. Prosser has written and spoken extensively about SEC enforcement and securities matters, with a focus on insider trading, anti-money laundering, derivative claims and mergers, and fiduciary duty issues.